Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Miss Recruiter Got Schooled Today

I attended Blogging 101 today through Dell's Social Media and Community University, and feel inspired to do some writing! I logged on to Blogger to post something *brilliant* (still working on that), and got a notice that I needed to update my browser to Google Chrome for Blogger to function at its best capacity. I would assume because Google owns Blogger, they have the ability to force us to use their proprietary browser instead of Internet Explorer, a MS product. I thought briefly about switching to Word Press out of rebellion, but then I'd lose 6 years of content, and that would be a shame. So I gave in and downloaded the tool!

Are any of you out there Google Chrome users? How does it differ from IE? Should I use this for everyday, or just for blogging? Does anyone have best practices for using Google Chrome? 

I'm also interested in utilizing Google Reader to keep abreast of all my favorite blogs. What are some of the blogs that you follow and enjoy the most? Mommy blogs? Recruiting blogs? Technology blogs? Which ones do you recommend that I add to my Google Reader list?

And last, I learned in class what TLDR and DIAF means... Gold star goes to the first responder who knows what these mean! What's your guess?

Miss Recruiter

2 comments:

Nicole Shull said...

Hi Mer! I use Chrome for everyday use. Seems faster and automatically brings you to the latest / most updated version of whichever website you are visiting. I also LOVE that it automatically spell checks by underling in red. I'm heavily dependent on spell check, queen of typos :) I switched over and haven't looked back.

Nicole

Meredith said...

Thanks, Nicole! OK, I have been using IE for every day use and am becoming increasingly ready to make the switch. Do you find that it's problematic with internal Dell systems, though? I wasn't able to access some of our tools through Chrome, but maybe my settings aren't right. It might be worth investigation. Thanks again!